Adequate protection of Health Staffin vulnerable
communities, access to food health and mental health must be ensured..Quarantine and social distancing: double-edged weapons.Introducing measures such as mandatory quarantine reduce contagion, but have a negative impact on society by stopping the economy, which mostly affects health people in poverty and migrants.Road to a low transmission state: to make the pandemic manageable by the health system.
Quarantine for 14 days
- those who have had contact with a health contagiousplanning preventive measures at work placespromote communities to understand that low transmission requires big changes..The world is facing an unprecedented threat that will become an opportunity for stronger health systems, as well as more improvised global collaboration. Lessons must be learned from this pandemic so that the responses of individuals and governments have a
- positive health legacy that will make the world a safer place.scientists are just beginning to understand the serious dimension of the health problems health caused by the coronavirus, some of which may have perceptible effects in patients for years, according to doctors and
experts in infectious disease. health In addition to the respiratory deficiencies that beset patients, the virus that causes covid – 19 attacks many organs of the body, in some cases causing catastrophic damage. “We thought it was just a respiratory virus. But it turns out that it reaches the pancreas, which attacks the heart. It goes through the liver, brain, kidneys and other organs. We didn’t realize that at first,” said Dr. Eric Topol, a cardiologist and director of the Scripps Institute for transnational research in La Jolla, California. In addition to respiratory distress, patients with covid – 19 may experience blood clotting disorders that can cause strokes and extreme inflammation that attacks multiple health
organs. The virus can also cause neurological complications ranging from headaches, dizziness and loss of taste or smell to seizures and confusion. And health recovery can be slow, incomplete and costly, with a major impact on quality of life. The broad and diverse manifestations of covid-19 represent a unique disorder, said Dr. Sadiya Khan, a cardiologist at Northwestern Medicine Center in Chicago. In cases of influenza, for example, people with pre-existing heart conditions also have an increased risk of complications, Khan said. But the amazing thing about
this coronavirus is the extent
- of the complications that occur health outside the lungs. Kahn believes there will be a great expense and burden of health care for people who have survived covid-19. Patients who have been in the intensive care unit or connected to a respirator for weeks will need to spend a lot of time in rehabilitation to regain mobility and strength. “It can take up to seven days for every day you’re hospitalized to regain that kind of strength,”
- Kahn said. “It’s harder when you’re older and you may never return to the same level of physical abilities.” While much of the focus has focused on the minority of patients experiencing severe symptoms, physicians are increasingly paying attention to the needs of patients who were not sick enough to require health hospitalization, but still suffering, months after becoming infected. While coronavirus symptoms usually
resolve within two to three weeks, it is estimated that 1 in 10 patients experience prolonged symptoms, Dr. Helen Salisbury of Oxford University wrote in an article this week in the British Medical Journal. Salisbury said many of his patients have normal chest X-rays and no signs of inflammation, but they health have not yet returned to normal. “If you used to run 5 kilometers three times a week and now feel breathless after a single flight of stairs, or if you cough endlessly and are too exhausted to go back to work, then the fear that you will never recover your former health is very real, ” he said. perception that spaniards have about our state of health, in general, it is good. At least, this is what 7 out
of 10 citizens say, according to data provided by the Ministry of Health, consumption and Social Welfare, made public at the end of June.In general, this optimism expressed health by the majority is not incompatible with suffering some chronic problem that, to a greater or lesser extent, affects us in our daily lives and that does not affect the perception of our general state.The most common chronic problemsbelow, we provide you the ranking of the 7 health main chronic problems in people over 15 years who have been diagnosed with any of them in the last twelve months:
It tops the ranking in its own right health
and is a risk factor in cerebrovascular health and ischemic heart disease, causing thousands of deaths a year. In addition, this chronic problem is now on everyone’s lips because of the recent withdrawal of several medicines whose active substance is valsartan, indicated for its treatment.2. Back pain. Another classic that accompanies the Spaniards and is that back pain, in this case of the lumbar is something that almost everyone has faced at some point and that can be prevented.3. High cholesterol. Without any kind of doubt, cholesterol is that
- indicator that you do not want to see marked in red in your tests because, in addition to posing a risk to your arteries, it will force you to change certain habits that you do not want to health break away from.4. Arthrosis.
- Chronic pain due to wear of the articular cartilage is not exclusive to the elderly, although it is the population group that suffers the most and it is normal to be reflected in the data. Healthy living habits can prevent it.5. Allergy. Either respiratory,